Payun Aqq Payunji'j Elders Advisory Council
813 Oceanview Dr., Degrau, NL. A0N 1T1
Elders Healing Lodge
Is a totally independant regional governence body and a volunteer group providing wisdom, knowledge, and other services to the indigenous population of West side of the Port au Port Peninsula, west of Abraham's Cove, NL.
Knowledge-Keeper Delina Petit Pas...........
Kisikuk - Elder Jerome Benoit..............
Kisikuk - Elder Godfrey Benoit.............
Kisikuk - Elder Wallace Cornect............
Kisiku k-Elder Director Barbra Benoit.............709-757-9444 wikuom
Acting Chairperson of the Elder's Advisory Council
Mi'kmaw Craft Committee Co-Chairperson
Traditional Sagmaw Jes'n Benwah
Appointed by and reports to The Elder Advisory Council and recognized at Sagmaw of the region by the Benoit First Nation Mi'kmaq.
The Seven Grandfather Teachings
- Nsituo qn or Wisdom: To cherish knowledge is to know Wisdom. Wisdom is given by the Creator to be used for the good of the people.
- Kesaltultimk or Love: To know Love is to know peace. Love must be unconditional. When people are weak they need love the most.
- Kepmite teken or Respect: To honor all creation is to have Respect. All of creation should be treated with respect gively freely to all.
- Mlkna or Bravery: Bravery is to face the foe with integrity. In the Mi kmaq language, this word literally means "state of having a fearless heart." To do what is right even when the consequences are unpleasant.
- Koqaja teken or Honesty: Honesty in facing a situation is to be brave. Always be honest in word and action. Be honest first with yourself, and you will more easily be able to be honest with others. In the Mi kmaq language, this word can also mean "righteousness, doing what is right."
- Wanqwajite teken or Humility: Humility is to know yourself as a sacred part of Creation. In the Mi kmaq language, this word can also mean "compassion." You are equal to others, but you are not better.
- Tetpaqa q or Truth: Truth is to know all of these things. Speak the truth. Do not deceive yourself or lie to others.
The folling activities are organized by our Elders Advisory Council:
- Edna May Benoit Women's Resource Centre activities and events including:
- Age Friendly events
- Age Friendly gaming nights for Seniors
- Kids summer cultutral camp
- Elders Healing Lodge
- Hosting visiting Elders and teachers
Elders protocols and election rules
Lnu'k/Mi'kmaq rules of Protocol
Elders Healing Lodge
Lnu'k/Mi'kmaq rules of Ethics & Principles
Copyright © Elders Advisory Council