Benoit First Nation
- Tribal memebership in our nation does not promise, guarantee or create Indian status registation.
- We are a first nation whose inherent rights supercedes the rights of all others.
- Only immediate family members of existing Benoit First Nation members may be considered. This means siblings, children or indigenous parents.
- When accepted by our Benoit First Nation band council we will issue a band card that signifies that you are a member of our nation.
- Prior to Sept 2011 no Mi'kmaq in Newfoundland has Indian Status, except for those who were registered in 1984 along with the Conne River Mi'kmaq.
- Benoit First Nation is a regional and traditional nation that brings Mi'kmaq culture, traditions, history, language, programming, workshops, indigenous infrastructure to our Mi'kmaq communities.
- Those transferiing to another traditional band can fill out and return this FORM and return to us.
- -Please contact us for further clarification.
Copyright © Benoit First Nation