St. Georges Bay Mi'kmaq
Words of Wisdom
The Golden Rules of Mi'kmaq Civilization
- Treat others the way you would have them treat you
- Gossip is evil chatter, do not partake in it
- If you have nothing good to say about someone, then say nothing at all
- Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer
- Be a GOOD SAMARITAN everyday
- Do no bad deeds, for if you do they will come back at you with 5 times the strenght
- What goes around, comes around
- A selfish person gains no ground
- The creator helps those who help themselves
- Human life is more valuable than all earthly possessions
- vulgarity shows lack of character
- Treat Mother Earth and all that interact with her with respect
- Inner beauty is real
- Do not be materialistic, keep only the possions you need
- Let your ego not get bigger than your head
The 10 evils people should avoid
- Smoking, smoking around children, smoking in automobiles and homes
- worshiping money
- consuming alcohol
- using foul language
- disrespecting parents
- being materialistic
- being jealous
- littering Mother Earth
- disrespecting our people
Top Ten Driving "pet peeves"
- Drivers not stopping at crosswalks, cars parked across crosswalks, including school crosswalks,
- Drivers not obeying rules of the road, including not using turn signals,
- Drivers who decide on the spot to change the rules of the road,
- Drivers who drive too slow, or too fast,
- Drivers who will steal your parking place, before you get a chance to park,
- Drivers who park next to the road at night and leave their headlamps on - which blinds oncoming traffic,
- Drivers who don't know which lane to stop in at a traffic light,
- Drivers who splash pedestrians in times of heavy rain,
- Drivers who don't know who has the right-of-way,
- Drivers who don't know how to drive.
What not to do:
- Do not drink cola, or drink rarely as possible. It is a recipe for diabetes.
- Unless you live a very active and physical lifestyle, do not eat egg yolks, or eat as little as possible. It is far too rich for the modern adult.
- Do not eat too much beef or pork products, instead stick to more fish supplimented with wild meat.
- Do not eat any food that is greasy to the touch.
- Do not anything that contains oils that are hydronated.
- Do not drink tap water, or do so rarely. The toxins used to kill organisms are no better for you.
- Do not eat any food that is too sweet, and avoid too much sugar in your diet.
- Do not apply salt to foods, as salt is already in the foods you eat.
- Do not eat often at fast food places because the menu is usually unhealthy.
- Do not use regular banks, choose a local credit union instead- you will be supporting your community.
- Do not base your impressions, opinions and decisions solely by the impressions, opinions and decisions of others.
Return to top of page
Thanks for Dropping By
Copyright © 2002 Jasen Sylvester Benwah