Benoit First Nation
Children Membership and immediate family only
in Penwaaq Línuík
Application requirements and information:
Please read before you go any further: Effective November 16, 2020 at 5:00 pm this application is ONLY for immediate family members of Benoit First Nation band members such as a sibling, parent or child. If this does not apply to you, please do NOT submit an application as it will be REJECTED and your donations will NOT be refunded. This is due to overwelming interest in membership.
- Band members please sign up your Non-Status Lnu'k/Mikmaq and Status children and immediate family memebers (but please read our requirements below first).
- Please complete and submit (per individual) our Application Form or to print, scan and email application and non-status Lnu'k/Mi'kmaw must attach a scanned completed pedigree chart.
- If your immediate family member is a Status card holders, they only need to attach a copy of their status card with their applicatioms,
- Please fill in all sections applicable. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must meet our criteria requirements.
- The applicant must self identify as a Lnu'k/mi'kmaw person. Only children, siblings, and parents can be accepted.
- Non-status immideiate family members will need to attach an ancestry report or pedigree chart showing a solid connection to their parents or other immediate family member.
- Non-status Lnu'k/Mi'kmaw will also need to prove your connection to your aboriginal ancestor through baptism or long form birth (showing parents names) PROVINCIAL birth certificates are required. (Please send copies only - do not send originals.).
(Click here for Newfoundland birth certificate Applications) Be sure that the province properly records your mother maiden name - if not have them correct it. (Get any other errors fixed as well)
- For non-staus Lnu'k/Mi'kmaw applicants we would appreciate it when providing documentation that you please refraine from using nicknames- we need the actual legal names of individuals. Nicknames can cause confusion.
- BFN immediate family applications must be approved by our local band Council at the next band meeting and upon acceptance successful applicants will be added to our native council Register and receive an acceptance letter and band card. Initial membership donation is $30 per person (regardless of age) and includes a band cards. Please attach or email one passport photo (membership disclaimer).
- An annual membership cultural fund donation of $20.00 for each adult member and $5.00 for each person under 18 is expected and very much appreciated and you email transfer to email@example.com or use our Paypal account. The annual donation is expected every October from all members, with the exception of volunteers. Cheques or money orders are also accepted, payable to Benoit First Nation. All donations received will be used for band operations, cultural activities and programming. Other members contribute in other ways such as by volunteering or donating to the band in-kind.
- Donate by Credit Card
- Donate by Email transfer
We have EMT auto-deposit
Steps to make donations by Interac E-Transfer:
Log in to your financial institution's website and navigate to Interac e-Transfer.
Select the account you would like funds transferred from.
Specify the amount you are sending and include your: mailing address, Email & phone number in the "message" box.
Add or select benoit1stnation@ gmail.com as the contact to send your donation to.
Your donation will automatically be deposited.
You will receive confirmation of your deposit, along with a receipt.
- Donate in person at the Lnu'k/Mi'kmaw Centre, we have a debit machine that accepts debit cards, credit cards including tap. Contact us to arrange a time.
- Membership in our band does not include nor promise Indian Act registration for non-Status.
We accept you into our Lnu'k/Mi'kmaw Community as part of our extended family. We are a Lnu'k community made up of Qalipu Mikmaw 1st Nation status and non-status Mi'kmaq members.If you have any questions or need further clarification, please contact us.
- Members are responsible for updating their contact info such as email, mailing address and telephone numbers with the band, when such changes occur.
- You must submit a separate application for each and every applicant regardless of age. Each will be assigned their own band number.
- Once we receive the application, it can take up to several weeks to process your application if everything is in order and your application will NOT be approved if incomplete. Our mailing address is 811 Oceanview Drive, Cape St. George, NL. A0N 1T1.
- Applications received are protected and as such the personal information will be kept confidential.
All donations and contributions are non-refundable. To file a Grievance or Complaint with our Band Council click here.
Benoit 1st Nation maintains our native council register, (Basic list here).
To see an example of our newest type of our band card. Click here.
Copyright © Benoit First Nation