Benoit First Nation
Student Employment opportunity:
In anticipation of Funding the Band Council is looking for students for the positions of Cultural Interpretor and Assistant Cultural Interpreter for up to 8 weeks at $10.75/minimum wage per hour for up to 35 hours per week. Start date is late June.
- create program guides, brochures and information pamplets for distribution to tourists and the visiting public
- Provide history and background to visiting tourists and the public at our cultural centre and band office
- To meet and greet Visitors and explain Mi'kmaw culture to visitors and Tourists.
- To facilitate Mi'kmaq programs and workshops to the youth, families and elders.
- To assist with cultural activities at the Mi'kmaq Centre
- To interview elders and record their stories, insight and knowledge and transcribe to word document.
- To build promotional information to showcase the Mi'kmaw Centre and its planned activities.
- To coordinator organize, promote and conduct various programing and cultural activities that includes, but not limited to, drumming, craft making, youth and children activities.
- Mi’kmaw Cemetery general upkeep & mowing grass
- To Organize and operate our Mi’kmaw summer special events for the children.
Deadline for applications will be posted on our Fscebook Page. Applications can be emailed, mailed and/or dropped off at the band office in Degrau, NL.
Priority given to Benoit First Nation high school graduating students. All students must attach proof of attendance in September with a college or university to their resume. For more information call Chief Jasen Benwah or any member of the band council.
Penwa' Mawi-Amskwesewey L'nue'kati
This program was made possible thanks to a grant from NL Human Resources and Employment.
Hiring Committee interview questions
Copyright © Benoit First Nation